About Aster B.
Aster B. was started in 2012 by Melissa Glorieux, a native of Massachusetts who returned to her home state to live on a farm by the sea with her husband and two boys. The family’s time in San Francisco, with its vibrant farmers’ markets, focus on farm-to-table, and artisan producers, was a huge inspiration for Melissa as she began growing flowers. Five years in, a dream to work outside and create a life where the boys can run free has grown into a business, bringing fresh cut, sustainably- and locally-grown, seasonal flowers to the community, and providing Melissa with a much-loved creative outlet.
Aster B. goals:
- To grow beautiful flowers for our community
- To show gratitude for our customers, employees and volunteers who have supported our little farm as we’ve grown and evolved
- To observe and appreciate the cycles of nature
- To care for the land using organic and sustainable farming practices
- To create an example of hard work, integrity and follow-through
- To make our farm a happy, enriching place to work and spend time
- To provide the space for natural art and creativity